Explore in more detail the health care services in Finland. The section also provides information on treatment availability, quality, patient safety and accessibility.
- Here you can find the contact information of hospital districts, on-call hospitals, maternity hospitals and units for rare diseases.
- Information on the public basic healthcare services is also available on the websites of the municipalities, such as www.hel.fi (Helsinki) or www.turku.fi (Turku). Dental services within the public health care sector can also be found on the websites of the municipalities.
- The Suomi.fi online service can be used to look for service providers. The website also offers information on the accessibility of services.
- You can look for information on private health care service providers on the website of FinlandCare.
- You can also search for private service providers with the help of search engines, such as Google. Type in the medical service you are looking for together with the name of the city where you want to receive treatment. The private service providers in Finland cannot be found in one dedicated place.
- Further information is also available from Finland’s Contact Point for Cross-Border Healthcare by e-mail (yhteyspiste(at)kela.fi).