According to the recommendation, you would be entitled to receive the vaccination from your temporary municipality of residence free of charge even if you do not have a permanent municipality of residence or other right to receive preventive public healthcare services in Finland. The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health’s recommendation applies to all persons without a municipality of residence. However, if you are staying in Finland for a short period of time, for example as a traveller, you do not have the right to receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Vaccinations are also given to persons without a municipality of residence in accordance with national vaccination procedures.
If you have one of the following certificates of entitlement to treatment, please report it at the time of booking and present it at the time of vaccination:
- European Health Insurance Card if you come from an EU or EEA country, Switzerland or the United Kingdom
- European Health Insurance Card for pensioners granted by Kela if you are a pensioner and you reside permanently in another EU or EEA country, Switzerland or the United Kingdom
- Certificate of entitlement to treatment in Finland granted by Kela (for example, if you work in Finland).
Please contact your temporary municipality of residence
If you are staying in Finland for a long period of time but you do not have a municipality of residence, please contact your temporary municipality of residence directly to check your right to the COVID-19 vaccination. In Finland, municipalities are responsible for administering vaccinations and providing related information in their own area. On the website of your temporary municipality of residence, you can also check which groups your municipality is currently vaccinating according to the vaccination procedures.
More information:Ministry of Social Affairs and Health 10 March 2021: Municipal information: COVID-19 vaccinations are recommended for people who do not have a municipality of residence in Finland (in Finnish) Travel and coronavirus
- The Ministry of Social Affairs and Health recommends that municipalities also provide COVID-19 vaccination to people who do not have a municipality of residence in Finland
- Kela.fi: Easier access to medical care for foreign seasonal workers2.3.2021
- Right to medical care to remain largely unchanged also with the new Brexit agreement8.2.2021
- Read more