Costs of medically necessary treatment

If you are residing in another Nordic country, you can present an identity card instead. If you are residing in Great Britain or Northern Ireland, you can present your passport instead. A passport issued by the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the European Health Insurance Card can be used to receive […]

Reimbursement of travel costs if you suddenly become ill abroad

If you have become ill or have required treatment on account of pregnancy or childbirth in another EU or EEA country or in Switzerland, your costs of travel will be reimbursed to the nearest place of treatment within the country in question. In addition to Kela, the country where you are staying may also reimburse […]